A refreshingly moist lemon cake recipe that’s perfect at any time of the day. A simple and easy recipe that takes 5 minutes to mix. Serve on its own as a tea time snack or dress with frosting for a celebration or wedding cake. Cover it with fondant for that ultimate custom cake your guest will remember forever.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cups (227 g) Butter
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g) Sugar
- 2 cups (250 g) All-Purpose Flour
- 3 (3 ) Eggs large
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Lemon extract optional
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320 F
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Add the zest to the flour mixture – set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add lemon juice and eggs one at a time. Followed by the flour mixture and milk
- Lastly, add the vanilla extract and lemon extract.
- Pour into prepared baking pans
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes clean, checking at around 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack until completely cooled.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you