Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe
A vanilla cake recipe is always a classic and will remain the best cake you will ever make. No matter how many other cakes you feast over, you are bound to come back to this moist vanilla cake. Often also the base for many different flavors and variations that you can experiment with.
As a cake decorator, I have been using this cake for many years and it has been loved by almost everyone that has tasted this cake. I hope you will find this useful too.
The recipe card below has conversion and yet I have made this table so you can print it and have it handy when you need to make tiered cakes.
Moist Vanilla Cake
|AP Flour||128 g (1 C)||250 g||500 g||1 kg|
|Baking P||3/4 tsp||1 tsp||2 tsp||4 tsp|
|Cream of Tartar||1/8 tsp||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp||3/4 tsp|
|Salt||1/8 tsp||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Butter||60 g (1 stick||113 g||228 g||440 g|
|Sugar||150 g (3/4 C)||250 g||450 g||800 g|
|Vanilla||1 tsp||2 tsp||4 tsp||6 tsp|
|Buttermilk||30 ml (1/4 C)||60 ml||120 ml||240 ml|
|Water||30 ml (1/4 C)||60 ml||120 ml||240 ml|
|Bake/Mins||20 to 25 m||30 to 40 m||45 to 50 m||60 to 80 m|
Moist Vanilla CakePrint Pin Rate
- 113 grams (0.5 cups) Butter unsalted – melted
- 250 grams (1.25 cups) Sugar White
- 256 grams (2.05 cups) All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Baking powder
- 7 (7 ) Eggs separated
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp ) Cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp ) Salt
- 60 ml (0.25 cups) water
- 60 ml (0.25 cups) Buttermilk
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 160 C / 320 F
- Grease and line two 8-inch baking pans
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs, making sure no egg yolks get into the white
In a mixer bowl with paddle attachment
- Combine egg yolks, melted butter, half the sugar and vanilla extract
- Add in the flour alternating with buttermilk and water.
- Use a whisk to make sure there are no lumps
Whip egg whites with whisk attachment
- Whip the egg whites with cream of tartar and remaining sugar
- Whip until the egg whites are stiff peaks but still glossy
Fold the egg whites
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the cake batter
- Do not over mix
- Pour into the prepared cake pans
- Bake on the center rack until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Use baking time listed above as a guide
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a baking rack and cool completely before decorating.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you