Moist Coffee Cake Recipe – from scratch
The fragrance of coffee in a moist, light and fluffy cake is one that’s bound to get you baking. A simple and easy coffee cake recipe that takes no more than 10 minutes to combine. Taste delicious on its own but can be frosted with delicious coffee cream for a dessert cake or dressed with fondant for an unforgettable celebration cake.
Moist Coffee Cake Recipe – Save and follow on Pinterest for later.
Need more cake servings? Need the ingredients in cups or ounces –
Just use the recipe calculator below to change the number of servings you need and switch from metrics to the US customary for cups and ounces.
Moist Coffee Cake Recipe
- 228 grams unsalted butter
- 250 grams castor sugar
- 260 grams All-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 120 ml hot milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp coffee extract optional
Conversions - Please switch between Metric & US for more measurement options
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320 F
- Grease and line two baking pans
- Add coffee powder to hot milk – mix well and set aside to cool
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time
- Followed by the flour mixture and cooled coffee
- Lastly, add the vanilla and extract
- Pour into prepared baking pans
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes clean, checking at around 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack until completely cooled.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you