Moist Coffee Cake Recipe – from scratch
The fragrance of coffee in a moist, light and fluffy cake is one that’s bound to get you baking. A simple and easy coffee cake recipe that takes no more than 10 minutes to combine. Taste delicious on its own but can be frosted with delicious coffee cream for a dessert cake or dressed with fondant for an unforgettable celebration cake.
Moist Coffee Cake Recipe – Save and follow on Pinterest for later.
Need more cake servings? Need the ingredients in cups or ounces –
Just use the recipe calculator below to change the number of servings you need and switch from metrics to the US customary for cups and ounces.
Moist Coffee Cake RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 228 grams (8.04 oz) unsalted butter
- 250 grams (1.25 cups) castor sugar
- 260 grams (2.08 cups) All-purpose flour
- 4 (4 ) large eggs
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) baking powder
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) instant coffee powder
- 120 ml (4.23 oz) hot milk
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) vanilla
- ½ tsp (0.5 tsp) coffee extract optional
- Preheat oven to 160C / 320 F
- Grease and line two baking pans
- Add coffee powder to hot milk – mix well and set aside to cool
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time
- Followed by the flour mixture and cooled coffee
- Lastly, add the vanilla and extract
- Pour into prepared baking pans
- Bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes clean, checking at around 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then on a wire rack until completely cooled.
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you