Eggless Fruitcake Recipe - with or without alcohol
This is a moist eggless fruitcake recipe that can be made with or without alcohol. Packed with delicious soaked dried fruits, candied fruit peels, and mixed nuts this cake uses yogurt for moisture and tender crumb. Very popularly baked during Christmas but can be an absolute treat any time of the year.
With so many fruitcake recipes already on the blog, the one missing fruitcake recipe and most requested is this eggless fruitcake. The best part about this cake for me is how simple and easy this recipe is as well as how versatile it is. You can replace the alcohol with apple or orange juice to make it a non-alcoholic eggless fruitcake.
Add alcohol or fruit juice to the warm cake as soon as it comes out of the oven helps keep the cake moist and adds more flavor to the cake. If you want to keep this cake for longer just replace the yogurt and milk with water. It's less rich but still as delicious and will have a longer shelf life.
- A 7-inch loose bottom cake pan or 8-inch round cake pan
- Parchment Paper
- Greaseproof Paper
- Stand mixer or Hand Mixer
- Chopping board and Kitchen Knife
Save this recipe on Pinterest - Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin this Recipe on Pinterest You can find more tutorials and recipes to Pin here on this board. Remember to follow us on Pinterest, Facebook.
Join our Facebook group to see more tutorials, recipes, and chats.
- 115 grams (0.51 cups) Unsalted Butter
- 110 grams (0.5 cups) Brown Sugar
- 224 grams (1.79 cups) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp (1.5 tsp ) Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp ) Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp ) Allspice powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) Clove Powder
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) Nutmeg Powder freshly grated
- ¼ tsp (0.25 tsp) ground ginger
- 60 grams (0.25 cups) Mixed Dry Fruits (raisins, currents, apricots, dates)
- 50 grams (0.21 cups) Mixed Dry Candied Fruit Peel (tutti frutti mixture)
- 50 grams (0.35 cups) Mixed nuts (Chopped - almond, cashews etc)
- 120 ml (0.49 cups) Yogurt
- 90 ml (0.37 cups) Milk
- 60 ml (0.25 cups) Rum or Brandy (or apple juice, orange juice)
- 30 ml Rum, Brandy or Apple juice to pour over baked cake
- In a bowl combine the dry fruits and candied peel with the alcohol or juice - Let soak for a minimum 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 170 C 340 F
- Grease and flour a 7-inch Bundt Pan (see notes for other pan sizes)
- Drain any liquid left from the dry fruits
(depending on how long you soak, the fruit will absorb the liquid)
- Set 2 tbsp flour aside -
We will add flour to the dry fruits mixture just before adding it to the batter
- Combine milk, yogurt, and drained alcohol or juice.
Use a whisk to ensure you have no lumps.
- Combine remaining flour with baking soda and all the spices - combine well.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt mixture
- Followed by the flour mixture.
- Now add the saved (2 tbsp) flour to the drained fruit mixture - Toss well to combine
- Add it to the batter and combine well (do not over mix at this stage)
- Add the chopped nuts (save some to sprinkle on top - optional) -
Combine well until you have everything mixed but do not over mix at this point.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 60 to 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes clean
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Spoon the rum or apple juice evenly over the warm cake. This keeps it moist and adds more flavor.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes
- Invert on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- This cake is delicious warm but will cut prettier slices when cooled completely.
Baking Pan suggestions
- 7-inch Bundt Pan
- 8-inch round Baking Pan
- 7-inch square Baking Pan
- 9 x 5-inch loaf pan
- This cake is best eaten fresh - will stay at room temperature for 3 days
- Or in the fridge well wrapped for about a week.
- This can be frozen for about a month too
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
You may also like
- Christmas recipes here on this page.
- Fruitcake 101 - Baking Tips, Storage,
- Dark Fruit Cake,
- Rich Fruit Cake
- Boozy Fruitcake,
- Eggnog Yule Log Cake,
- Chocolate Yule Log Cake,
- Traditional Christmas Pudding,
- Moist Cranberry Almond Cake
- Cranberry Almond Semolina Cake
- Pistachio Cherry Bundt Cake
- Halva Fruitcake Bars
- Glace Mixed Fruit Bundt Cake - Tutti Frutti Cake