Angel Food Cake Recipe
Versatile as is an Angel Food Cake can be a challenge to master. This simple, easy and step by step recipe will make sure you succeed every single time. Light and fluffy delicious on its own can be served with whipped cream and seasonal fruits.
Useful Tips and Tools
- 130 grams (1.04 cups) flour
- 300 grams (1.5 cups) white castor sugar
- 10 egg whites large
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 ml (1.01 floz) water
- 250 ml water
- 100 grams (0.5 cups) sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 170C / 340 F
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan
- Combine flour, half the sugar and salt – sift twice.
- Tip: If the sugar is not fine it will not sieve so run it thru a food processor and sift again.
- Separate each egg white separately, making sure no yolks get into the white.
Whip egg whites
- Place egg whites in a mixer bowl with whisk attachment
- Add cream of tartar
- Start whipping the eggs on medium speed gradually adding the water.
- Whisk for two minutes until almost soft peaks
- Then add the remaining sugar gradually whisking on medium speed.
- Once all the sugar is in – turn the mixer up on high for the final two minutes.
- You want the eggs to have stiff speaks but still be glossy.
Fold dry ingredients
- Sift the flour mixture over the whipped egg whites gently folding it in until no dry flour is visible.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan
- Bake in a preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes until a skewer inserted in the center comes clean.
- Cool upside down on a cooling rack for an hour from you unmold or it will crack.
- Boil the water and sugar with the lemon juice until all the sugar is melted.
- Cool completely - then brush on the finished cake as desired.
- Simple syrup is optional but adds so much moisture to the cake.
- You can use substitute your favorite juice for the water to make a more flavored syrup. But do not over boil the juice. Heat just until the sugar is melted.
- Try orange juice, pineapple juice, an extra splash of lemon juice, blood orange juice
About Videos - most recipes has two videos - a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
I'd love to hear your thoughts, please comment.