How to make Gumpaste Hydrangea – Sugar Flowers
Gumpaste hydrangea is a great mini sugar flower for cakes that do not need much effort. It has a small little center that can be wired or unwired and four petals that work great with just a single cutter.
These work great as filler flowers as well as on their own when used in abundance.
The tools and supplies you will need a basic sugar flower equipment as well
- Gumpaste – colored or white (commercial or homemade)
- and Hydrangea cutters
- Cel Pin or a small rolling pin
- Flower pad
- and 26 gauge white or green paper covered wires
- Needle-nose pliers
- Dresden tool
- Edible glue
- and Flower drying rackor crumpled foil or gumpaste drying sponge
- Hydrangea leaf molds
Collection of Hydrangea tutorials
The best tutorial for gumpaste Hydrangea is by the talented Jaqueline Butler of The Petalsweet Blog – She has a very detailed tutorial in two parts. If you are interested in making sugar flowers she is one person you want to follow. Her premium sugar flower tutorials are worth every penny and her two newest book Modern Sugar Flowers – Volume one and Volume 2 are a treasure to hold.
This hydrangea tutorial is by the talented sugar flower artist of Shaile’s Edible Art
Another great hydrangea flower tutorial is by Cakes by Lynz
Here’s another Hydrangea tutorial by the award-winning – Fancy Cakes by Linda.
Of course, these days you can also use silicone molds for a quick gumpaste filler flowers
Inspiration Hydrangea Cakes
The above cakes were found on Pinterest for Inspiration. Some of the cakes have been credited to their original artists. If you know the name of the artist whose cakes are not credited above – please let me know in the comments so I can update the post with the proper credit link. Thanks
You may also like
- How to make gumpaste Poinsettia
- Gumpaste Ranunculus Tutorial
- Gumpaste Daisies Tutorial
- How to make gumpaste Gerbera Tutorial
- How to make the gumpaste Rose
- Where to find inspiration for cakes,
- How to start a cake business from home
- How many cake orders can I take?
- Where to find inspiration for your cake?
- Time management of an effective cake decorator
- Cake Decorating as a Profession or Hobby?
- Timeline for decorating cakes – When should I start decorating my cakes
- Cake decorating tutorials
- 3 Tips for an aspiring cake decorator
- Cake Consultation – Tips and How-To