Korean Bean Paste for Piping Buttercream Flowers
The new trend is buttercream flowers in an Asian paste made with white beans called Korean bean paste buttercream but is not really a buttercream. It has very little butter and sugar but lots of beans. Perfect for those who do not like sweet buttercream.
This recipe below is by G.G.Craft, the same Korean lady that created the glossy Korean buttercream recipe. I have not tried this buttercream recipe but I have tried the Korean bean paste for sugar flower which is similar to making gumpaste flowers.
Here is some of her work for inspiration. She does have lots of buttercream flower tutorials on her YouTube Channel.
Korean Bean Paste Buttercream for Piping FlowersPrint Pin Rate
- Mixing bowl
- 500 grams (2.79 cups) Canned white beans drained – 2 cans
- 160 gram (0.8 cups) Sugar
- 27 g (1.83 tbsp) Butter unsalted
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (1 tbsp) Rum or fresh cream
- 1/4 cup (1/4 cup) Fresh Cream as needed
MAKE THE BEAN PASTE MASS
- Drain and wash the beans in clean water.
- Skin the beans by simply crushing them between your fingers.
- Alternatively, crush the beans through a sieve this will leave the skin behind.
- Use a blender to grind the beans further to a smooth paste. This will give you a smooth buttercream
- In a saucepan heat the bean paste and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue until all the sugar is evaporated and you have a white bean paste mass.
MAKE THE BEAN PASTE BUTTERCREAM
- Combine the prepared bean paste, butter, vanilla extract, white rum or fresh cream, and white food coloring.
- Mix thoroughly until you have a smooth soft paste.
- Leave at room temperature to cool completely.
- This paste is now ready to color and make your bean paste flowers.
- Use fresh cream to create a softer consistency as required.
- The more fresh cream you add the softer the petal will be.
- This bean paste buttercream will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Sometimes a similar recipe video may be used. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
You may also like
- Cake Decorating Tutorials 101 – Tutorials for Beginners
- 5 Buttercream Wedding Cake Tutorials
- Edible Sugar Lace Recipe and Tutorial
- 12 Tip to Make A Naked Wedding Cake
- 20 Tips to Making your own Wedding Cake
- Vanilla Birthday Cake Recipe or Vanilla Birthday Cake Recipe 2
- Chocolate Birthday Cake Recipe
- Glossy Korean Buttercream Recipe