Geometric Cake Tutorials Optical Illusion Cakes
Cakes with optical illusion are the new trend. While they appear almost impossible once you see these geometric cake tutorials. Here are some free and premium optical illusion cakes that help demystify these cakes.
What is optical Illusion?
An image designed to create a deceptive or misleading illusion using color, light, and pattern. The image when seen by the eye creates a perception of reality when processed by the brain. It’s a way of seeing something different from what is really is.
One of the best ways to create an optical illusion is by using geometric shapes. Often a combination of patterns can create a sense of light passing thru or dark shadows which create a unique geometric optical illusion.
Using geometric patterns to create an optical illusion in cakes in the new trend in cake decorating. These look fairly complicated but when you look closely these are basically geometric shapes put together very cleverly.
Useful Tips and Tools
- The one thing you probably need for making a geometric pattern is geometric shape cutters. These are easily available these days. It’s easy to get carried way with this but buy the basic ones first. Here are some worth checking out.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07FNZK2JN” locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]hexagon geometric fondant cutters[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07FP7CJHG” locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]triangle geometric fondant cutters[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07FP52XYT” locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]square geometric fondant cutters[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B06ZYQ78B9″ locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]geometric fondant cutters[/easyazon_link]
- It is important at all the pieces fit together nicely which makes a [easyazon_link identifier=”B0007ZM57Y” locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]fondnat rolling pin with spacers[/easyazon_link] a must have. That way they are all the same thickness.
- When precision is necessary an [easyazon_link identifier=”B07CRPDZX8″ locale=”US” tag=”vesarofca-20″]Exact-o-knife[/easyazon_link] works great.
Free Geometric Cake Tutorials
If you are new to geometric cakes, it’s best to start simple. Make a small one-tier cake so you get an idea of how to put the pieces of the puzzle together. This tutorial by Rose Macefield is a great way to make a small but simple and easy geometric cake.
Optical Illusion Cake Tutorial using Fondant
Optical Illusion Cake using Modeling Chocolate
Geometric Cake Tutorial – using fondant
Geometric Cake – Pattern using Silicon molds
Geometric Cake by I Love Cakes
Modern Geometric Cake – On Sugar Geek Show
Geometric Illusion Cake by I Love Cakes
Rainbow Geometric Cutout Cake by Man About Cake
How To Make Isomalt Cup or Shard and Geometric Cake by Rosie’s Dessert Spot
Rainbow and Gold Striped Elegant Cake- Rosie’s Dessert Spot
Houndstooth & Ikat Silicon Onlay Cake-Tutorial
Inspiration – Geometric Cake Tutorials
The above cakes were found on Pinterest for Inspiration. Some of the cakes have been credited to their original artists. If you know the name of the artist whose cakes are not credited above – please let me know in the comments so I can update the post with the proper credit link. Thanks